Tuesday, March 3, 2009

50% SOUL!!!!!

Once upon a time there was a boy who wandered the earth, going from one continent to other, city to city, culture to culture. He had been travelling all his life as soon as he was born because he was born to a wandering couple. He didn't belong to any country, culture or religion. He travelled the whole world, knew numerous languages, understood many cultures. He could survive in any landscape and weather. The knowledge of the world was imbibed in his mind. After years of travelling he reaches the top of the world, stands at the edge, looks down on at the sea of clouds and feels calm. He looks around, nobody. He can't share his knowledge, his wisdom, his lifetime of learning's of great stories with anyone. He feels empty, betrayed by nature, by God. He climbs down and on his way sees a monastery. he looks inside and sees a girl sitting on the ground deep in meditation. He keeps his belongings down and sits at the gate looking at her. A few hours pass by, she opens her eyes and looks at him sitting there. she is not startled. She signals him to come near her and sit down. he goes over to her and sits in front of her. She closes her eyes he too does the same. He shivers but feels her warmth near. He can see her face, radiant, soft. He moves closer to her till they kiss. He opens his eyes she is standing with her hand outstretched. He gets up takes her hand in his and they go to the temple and get married. In an year he settles down in the valley and becomes a farmer, they have a baby and all the fruits of a marriage. One day when she is drying the clothes outside with the sun behind her and he stares at her sillouhette, he goes up to her, holds her from the back, engulfing her in his arms he asks "why did you marry me that day?". She turns her face and says "I was born in this valley, lived all my life here, never went out only prayed and read. That day I sat there wondering that I don't have anyone to share my life, wisdom, beliefs with anyone and when I opened my eyes I saw you at the door and I knew for whom I lived and waited". He smiles on listening to this and they kiss.

No comments:

Post a Comment